Criminal record checks

There are two types of criminal record checks which have separate Frequently Asked Questions.

Australian (national) criminal record checks - (CRC)

Applicants/nominees must provide consent, at the time of making an application for teacher registration, for the TRBWA to obtain a CRC.

Overseas (international) criminal record checks - (OCRC)

An OCRC is required from applicants who have resided in a country other than Australia for a cumulative period of 12 months or more. The specific requirements related to OCRCs are set out on the OCRC page.