The Teacher Registration Act 2012 (Act) establishes the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia.
Subsidiary legislation is:
- the Teacher Registration (General) Regulations 2012
- the Teacher Registration (Accreditation of Initial Teacher Education Programmes) Regulations 2012.
Teacher Registration Act 2012
Teacher Registration (General) Regulations 2012
Teacher Registration (Accreditation of Initial Teacher Education Programmes) Regulations 2012
Changes to the Teacher Registration Act 2012 (Act)
The Teacher Registration Act 2012 (Act) is being changed in line with recommendations from the 2018 statutory review to improve the regulation of the practice of teaching in Western Australia.
The changes will:
- Strengthen the powers of the Teacher Registration Board of WA to respond to matters of child safety involving teachers, consistent with recommendations of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Ensure an effective registration system that allows teachers to move between registration categories and improve fairness for teachers returning after an absence.
- Allow WA to fully participate in the Australian Teacher Workforce Data Strategy.
- Promote a skilled teaching workforce.
Further information is available on the Act Changes page.
Information on the bill is available on the Parliament of Western Australia website.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com