Criminal history checks

There are two types of criminal history checks which have separate Frequently Asked Questions.

Australian (national) criminal history checks - (CHC)

Applicants/nominees must provide consent, at the time of making an application for teacher registration, for the TRBWA to obtain a CHC.

Overseas (international) criminal history checks - (OCHC)

An OCHC is required from applicants who have resided in a country other than Australia for a cumulative period of 12 months or more. The specific requirements related to OCHCs are set out on the OCHC page.