Complaints and feedback

Complaints and feedback about our services 

Our aim is to provide a quality service to our clients with the goal of continuous improvement.

Complaints and feedback about our services and practices can be forward to the TRBWA using the TRBWA Feedback and Complaints Form or by email at

It is important that you provide as much detail as possible about your complaint or feedback. It may help us to respond to your complaint or feedback if you tell us what outcome you are seeking.

If you have not made a complaint to a public sector agency before, guidelines and information sheets available on the website of the Western Australian Ombudsman may help you to make your complaint to us.

For fur​ther information regarding how to make a complaint or provide feedback, please refer to the Feedback and Complaints Policy.

Appealing a Board decision

If you are dissatisfied with a reviewable decision as defined in s.124(2) of the Teacher Registration Act 2012, you may apply to the State Administrative Tribunal for a review of the decision.

Making a Public Interest Disclosure (PID)

We are committed to the aims and objectives of the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003.

We recognise the value and importance of contributions of members of public and staff to the improvement of administrative and management practices, and strongly support disclosures being made by members of the public or staff as to corrupt or other improper conduct.

You can find out more by clicking the links below:

The TRBWA's PID Officer is

Mr Richard Miles, Director, Teacher Registration Board Western Australia, Telephone +61 8 9223 9100.

You can also visit the website of the Public Sector Commissioner for further information about making a PID.​

Freedom of Information (FOI)

Under the Freedom of Information Act 1992 you have a right to apply for:

  • documents held by the TRBWA
  • your own personal information contained in TRBWA documents
  • the amendment of your personal information contained in TRBWA documents that you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading.

Depending on the information you are seeking, you may not need to make a formal Freedom of Information request. In some circumstances, you can request information through the direct release process. This process requires an email stating the information you are seeking and includes your name and contact details.

There are some categories of records that may not appropriate to be released through the direct release process, for example:

  • private or personal information of third parties
  • legal professional privilege documents
  • matters of cabinet.

If you wish to access information through a Freedom of Information request, the request application must:

  • be submitted in writing
  • provide enough information so that the documents requested can be identified
  • give an Australian address to which notices can be sent
  • be lodged at the TRBWA with any application fee payable.

Applications and enquires should be addressed to the Director, TRBWA, PO Box 3009, East Perth WA 6892, Telephone +61 8 9223 9100.

You can also visit the website of the Office of the Information Commissioner if you would like further information about FOI.