Interim disciplinary orders and conditions
Interim disciplinary orders
The Board or a Disciplinary Committee may make one of the following interim disciplinary orders:
- an order imposing a condition or conditions on the registration of a teacher
- an order suspending the person's registration.
An interim disciplinary order can only be made if the Board or the disciplinary committee:
- believes that an activity of a registered teacher involves or will involve a risk of imminent injury or harm to the physical or mental health of any person, or
- becomes aware that a registered teacher has been charged with a sexual offence involving a child.
An interim disciplinary order must be referred to the State Administrative Tribunal within 14 days.
Conditions imposed by the Board
The Board may impose conditions on the registration of a teacher:
- when granting or renewing the registration
- during the currency of the registration.
A condition imposed by the Board may apply indefinitely or for a specified period of time.
A teacher may apply to the Board to have a condition on their registration modified or cancelled.