As a registered teacher, you have certain obligations.
You need to:
Regulation 27A of the Teacher Registration (General) Regulations 2012 requires a teacher to give written notice to the Board of any changes to the following:
- a teacher's name, as recorded in the Register of Teachers;
- a teacher's postal address (since last provided to the Board when applying for registration or renewal of registration);
- a teacher's email address (since last provided to the Board when applying for registration or renewal of registration)
A teacher must give written notice of the change no later than 30 days after the change occurs. Note that a fine of $1,000 for failure to comply with the requirement applies.
As part of an application for registration or when applying to renew registration, a teacher will be requested to provide written consent for the Board to obtain a criminal record check in respect of the teacher. Each application form contains a declaration to this effect.
In addition, at any time during a teacher's period of registration, the Board may request consent from a teacher to obtain a criminal record check. Failure to comply may result in cancellation of registration.
- comply with any conditions placed on your registration
As part of an application for registration or when applying to renewal registration, a teacher will be asked a series of questions to determine if they are a fit and proper person to be registered.
- comply with the requirements under the Teacher Registration Act 2012 to notify (in writing) the TRBWA when certain events occur:
20/05/2016 11:20 AM